The history of collaboration between China and the University of Birmingham dates back almost to the foundation of the University. The China Institute has been created to reflect the University’s extensive academic activities our colleagues undertake in China.
The Institute will provide an umbrella structure for the numerous China interests on the Edgbaston campus. These will include:
- Coordinating an annual lecture and seminar series to promote a greater understanding of China and its place in the world.
- Maintain a website detailing the Institute’s activities and the University’s engagement with China.
- Hosting incoming visits from our Chinese partners.
- Promotion of the university’s engagements with China.
- Encouraging inter-disciplinary research across campus that focuses on China.