To be accepted onto the Birmingham International Summer School you must:
- Be studying an undergraduate programme at a University outside the UK or be registered as an International student at a UK university
- Be of good academic standing (based on a translated transcript, verified by your University or a letter of recommendation in English from your University provided during the application process).
- Subject specific requirements may also apply. Please check the specific programme page for further information.
You must achieve one of the following English Language requirements:
- Have achieved proficiency in English Language equivalent to IELTS 5.5 overall with no lower than 5.0 in any band.
- Have achieved English Language proficiency of TOEFL IBT 68 overall with no less than 15 in listening, 17 in reading, 19 in speaking and 17 in writing
The following English Language qualifications will also accepted:
- Have achieved English Language proficiency of 450 at level 4 or 380 at level 6 in Chinese College English Test (CET)
- Have achieved English Language Proficiency at HKDSE Level 3