To be accepted onto the Birmingham International Summer School you must:
- Be studying an undergraduate programme at a University outside the UK or be registered as an International student at a UK university
- Be of good academic standing (based on a translated transcript, verified by your University or a letter of recommendation in English from your University provided during the application process).
- Students applying for the Mathematical Finance and Financial Time Series Analysis programme need to have prerequisites of calculus, probability and statistics, or have the equivalent level of knowledge. Students will be required to submit relevant transcripts to demonstrate they meet the subject specific requirements
- Students applying for Sport: Molecules & Muscles to Money should have studied biology at A level or equivalent ( level 12 is also acceptable), or currently studying on a science degree. Students will be required at application stage to submit relevant transcripts to demonstrate sufficient knowledge in Biology
English Language Requirements
- Have achieved proficiency in English Language equivalent to IELTS 5.5 overall with no lower than 5.0 in any band.
- Have achieved English Language proficiency of TOEFL IBT 68 overall with no less than 15 in listening, 17 in reading, 19 in speaking and 17 in writing
- Have achieved English Language proficiency of 450 at level 4 or 380 at level 6 in Chinese College English Test (CET)
- Have achieved English Language Proficiency at HKDSE Level 3