In partnership with Banco Santander, the University of Birmingham is delighted to offer postgraduate scholarships to outstanding candidates from Latin America and USA.
What we are offering
We are offering 8 scholarships worth £5,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for an eligible one year Masters programme (taught or research). These awards are intended for tuition fees only and cannot be used towards living costs.
Who we are looking for
Applicants must have an excellent academic background obtaining a minimum of a First Class Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life; this might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply, candidates must:
- be a national of, and domiciled in, one of the following countries:
Argentina; Bolivia; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Mexico; Paraguay; Peru; Puerto Rico; Uruguay; USA; Venezuela. Priority will be given to students graduating from the Santander Universities network in Latin America or USA;
- have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Masters (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham;
- be overseas for tuition fee purposes;
- be attending full-time and on-campus (not distance learning);
- have a valid student ID number;
- not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source;
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
How to apply
To find out more about how to apply, please review our application procedures.
Please note that applications for 2015/16 entry close on 31 March 2015 12:00 AM GMT.
Terms and conditions
- Awards are offered for 2015/16 entry only and cannot be deferred.
- Scholarship awards will be deducted from the tuition fees payable to the University of Birmingham.
- In the event that the scholar's tuition fees are more than the scholarship award given, it is the responsibility of the scholar to pay the outstanding amount in full.
- By submitting an application, scholars agree to their name being published as a winner and undertaking any associated promotional activity.
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit by an appointed selection panel; the decision is based on information provided by the applicant in their application form and supporting documentation (e.g academic transcripts, certificates and references)
- The scholarship panel's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into after the published closing date.
- Successful candidates only will be informed in writing by the end of May 2015.