Our advice services
For up to two years after graduation, you can access our full range of support.
We offer two kinds of 20-minute face-to-face or telephone advice session:
- CV and application advice - to discuss your CV, cover letter or application forms. Bring a printed copy with you to the appointment.
- Advice desk - to discuss your career ideas and options, get CV or application feedback and recruitment support.
To book an applications appointment please visit our CV page on Student Help. To book a career desk appointment, please visit our careers advice page on Student Help.
Other advice support
We offer a range of resources to help you prepare for interviews:
- Try our user-friendly online interview practice service Interview Stream, where you can create a profile and record your answers to a wide range of interview questions, and also request feedback on these from a careers adviser.
- Come along to one of our interview workshops, such as ‘Top Tips to Interview Success’.
- Access our interview resources on our open access canvas course.
- Book a face-to-face 20-minute appointment with an adviser to discuss your upcoming interview, assessment centre, or the recruitment process in general. Graduates can book one of these appointments by visiting our careers advice page on Student Help.
- Book a face-to-face 30-minute practice interview.
Callum Smith "The Careers Network gave me a huge amount of help in my initial steps to securing employment after graduation with the use of their one-to-one CV guidance meetings. Before going to one of these, my CV was plain and didn't stand out much. After sitting down for 20 minutes with an adviser, I was able to articulate my skills and qualities incredibly more efficiently. This has enabled me to transfer this into other applications (as so many are now purely online with no CVs) and also in my own Personal Development Plan in my current role.
Since graduating with a 2:1 BSc (Hons) International Business, I undertook a Graduate Internship at Deutsche Bank, which I found and successfully applied for through the Careers Network online job board. I am now on a two year Government Development Scheme at the Home Office."