Whether it helps transform our campus or fund the best researchers to fight cancer, your support, combined with the University's investment, can help change lives.
Developing a campus for the 21st century
- Sports Centre: As one of the top three universities for sport in the UK, we need a sports centre to serve everyone from elite athletes to students and the local community. With your help we can build it. Learn more
- New University Library: A modern library is essential to meet the needs of 21st century students. With your support we can make our plans to construct a state-of-the-art building a reality. Learn more.
- The Lapworth Museum of Geology: Help restore the Grade II* listed Lapworth Museum to its full Edwardian glory while at the same time embedding the latest technologies to greatly improve the visitor experience. Learn more
Finding solutions to global health and lifestyle crises
- Breast cancer: Some women are at a very high risk of developing breast cancer, the second leading cause of death of women in the UK. We are developing new approaches addressing which women are most at risk and how to treat them. Help us find new ways to treat patients and improve their chances of recovery. Learn more
- Prostate cancer: More than 37,000 cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed in the UK each year. A third of those men will die. We are at the forefront of treatment and development in prostate cancer, undertaking a new clinical trial that will test treatment for men in whom the disease has progressed and alternatives have stopped working. Learn more
Improving children’s lives
- Childhood brain cancer: Our team of scientists is working to improve diagnosis and treatment of a dangerous and debilitating condition. We need staff and facilities to develop a national programme translating a new scanning technique into clinical practice across the UK and beyond. Learn more
- Burkitt’s Lymphoma: Our researchers are pioneering a life-saving drug trial to improve the prognosis of African children with this disease which acounts for 50% of all childhood cancers in Africa. With your help, more children will be able to benefit from the treatment. Learn more
- Autism: Our work in early diagnosis and intervention into this lifelong condition is crucial. With your help we can combine our expertise in autism research, developmental science and paediatric medicine to improve the quality of children’s lives. Learn more
Supporting the brightest students
- The Access to Birmingham (A2B) scheme: A sector-leading widening participation scheme providing financial support to talented but disadvantaged young people to ensure fair access to the University. Learn more.
- Birmingham Internships: Help us to encourage and enable students to develop their employability skills by undertaking exciting and worthwhile work experiences. Learn more.
- Academic Enrichment Programme: Working with year 12 students throughout the region to encourage educational progress. Learn more.
Attracting and retaining outstanding academics
- Birmingham Fellowships: Recruiting outstanding post-doctoral researchers who are on a trajectory to become the next generation of research and academic leaders. Learn more
- PhD students: Attracting talented PhD students into our areas of research excellence.
- Chamberlain Chairs: Enabling prestigious appointments for world-leading researchers who have had a career of outstanding originality and impact.
- Immediate impact: Having the freedom to invest in creative and innovative ideas is crucial to a world-class university. More than 250 extraordinary projects totalling more than £2.5 million have been funded since 2002. Our students and staff have the best ideas, and with your support we can fund innovative initiatives and continue to improve our student experience. Learn more