If you are considering a gift in your will, thank you. We are grateful for every gift that we receive. You may already have an idea of what you would like to do with your gift, or you may simply want to give back. If you choose to remember Birmingham, please bear in mind that it will be a long time before the University receives your gift. This means it is inadvisable to direct your gift to a specific campaign, such as Circles of Influence, or the work of a particular academic.
Here are some future-proof areas where you can make a big difference:
- Student support, whether in a particular school or across the University. Your gift could provide financial assistance for students in hardship, or enable outstanding but disadvantaged young people to come to Birmingham on a scholarship.
- The work of a particular school or department. Your gift could fund project work or research in your faculty that cannot be funded through other means, or could contribute towards new facilities for staff and students.
- Enhancing our beautiful campus. Your gift could help us ensure our campus continues to provide the best possible facilities for staff and students. Whether this be inspirational study spaces, high-performance sports provision, or cutting edge laboratories, your gift could help our students maximize their potential.
- Medical research into a particular disease, such as cancer, or in an area of study, such as neuroscience. Your gift could find the cures we desperately need.
- Unrestricted gifts allow us the flexibility to use your gift where it is most valuable. Unrestricted gifts are held in a donations account and could be used for strategic staffing, resources, student support, or other projects.
If you wish to give to a specific cause, we recommend that you speak to our Legacy Officer, Emma Hazlewood, to discuss your intentions and ensure the University can realise your vision in years to come. Emma can be contacted on +44 (0)121 414 7957, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using our online form.