Alumni news and events
From new research discoveries to the fascinating lives of our former students, there's always something interesting going on at Birmingham.
You can read the latest stories from the Alumni Office below, search our entire news archive or join our online alumni community, your.bham now. And if you want to update us on what you've been up to or catch up with old friends, check out our Class notes.
You can also view the latest edition of Old Joe, the official magazine for Birmingham's alumni and friends.
The latest issue was produced in a new digital format, putting the University at the forefront of alumni communications, with a greater variety of content and interaction with readers with exclusive videos, photo galleries and competitions. Previous editions are also available to read, as well as our archive of other publications.
- It comes in many forms, flavours and colours – as a snack on the go, a luxury treat or a soothing drink – but it's not often that chocolate leads the way to Buckingham Palace.
- Alumni, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Research
- Autism is a neurodevelopmental condition characterised by pervasive difficulties and delays in social and communication skills, as well as restricted interests and repetitive behaviours.
- Alumni, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
- A drug used to treat breast and cervical cancer can also target a weak point in some blood cancer tumours, researchers in the School of Cancer Sciences have discovered.
- Alumni, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research