Alumni news and events
From new research discoveries to the fascinating lives of our former students, there's always something interesting going on at Birmingham.
You can read the latest stories from the Alumni Office below, search our entire news archive or join our online alumni community, your.bham now. And if you want to update us on what you've been up to or catch up with old friends, check out our Class notes.
You can also view the latest edition of Old Joe, the official magazine for Birmingham's alumni and friends.
The latest issue was produced in a new digital format, putting the University at the forefront of alumni communications, with a greater variety of content and interaction with readers with exclusive videos, photo galleries and competitions. Previous editions are also available to read, as well as our archive of other publications.
- Alumni, Arts and Law, Corporate Services, Engineering and Physical Sciences, International, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research, Social Sciences, Sport, Students, Teaching
- More than 100 graduates accompanied by past and present faculty members gathered at the University last month to celebrate the centenary of Chemical Engineering at Birmingham.
- Alumni, Engineering and Physical Sciences
- A hydrogen powered locomotive, the first of its kind to run in the UK, has been developed by the University of Birmingham as part of a competition organised by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Alumni, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Research, Students
- The Department of Metallurgy and Materials invites you to a one-day workshop on the application of electricity and hydrogen to waterways transportation.
- Alumni, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Research