Alumni news and events
From new research discoveries to the fascinating lives of our former students, there's always something interesting going on at Birmingham.
You can read the latest stories from the Alumni Office below, search our entire news archive or join our online alumni community, your.bham now. And if you want to update us on what you've been up to or catch up with old friends, check out our Class notes.
You can also view the latest edition of Old Joe, the official magazine for Birmingham's alumni and friends.
The latest issue was produced in a new digital format, putting the University at the forefront of alumni communications, with a greater variety of content and interaction with readers with exclusive videos, photo galleries and competitions. Previous editions are also available to read, as well as our archive of other publications.
- Alumni, Arts and Law, Corporate Services, Engineering and Physical Sciences, International, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research, Social Sciences, Sport, Students, Teaching
- University staff, students and alumni are among the biggest fans of fired The Apprentice candidate, Tim Stillwell.
- Alumni, Social Sciences
- Final year Political Science student Raphael Sheridan is following in the footsteps of alumnus Brian Whitaker (BA Latin, 1968) as the current editor of Redbrick, the University's student newspaper, a role Brian completed more than 40 years ago and one which catapulted him into a successful journalism career.
- Alumni, Arts and Law, Social Sciences, Students
- The behaviour seen on Premier League football pitches is indicative of the attitudes of wider society according to Dr James Reade, whose research collaboration with colleagues at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge has revealed that referees are more likely to unwittingly discriminate against certain ethnic groups than others.
- Alumni, Research, Social Sciences, Sport