BEAST at 30 (Saturday)
- Bramall Music Building
- Arts and Law, Performance
Box office: 0121 345 0492
Birmingham ElectroAcoustic Sound Theatre
Jonty Harrison director
BEAST celebrates its 30th birthday and the opening of the new Bramall Music Building by deploying its 90-channel loudspeaker system in the Elgar Concert Hall for an unforgettable immersive listening experience.
Saturday’s events offer historical and recent works by two composers featured in the groups inaugural concert in December 1982 and two who were present that day as undergraduate students and founder members of BEAST; the four composers will be present to diffuse their own pieces.
On Sunday, the current generation of research postgraduate composers present recent work from the Birmingham Electroacoustic Music Studios.
Saturday: 7.30 - 8.30 pm:
- Jonty Harrison - Klang
- Denis Smalley - Pentes (1974)
- Pete Stollery - Peel (1997; BEAST commission)
- Andrew Lewis - Ascent (1994/97; BEAST commission)
Saturday 9 -10 pm:
- Andrew Lewis - Lexicon (2012; World premiere)
- Pete Stollery - Three Cities (2012; World premiere)
- Denis Smalley - Spectral Lands (2011)
- Jonty Harrison - BEASTiary (2012; World premiere)
Also see the BEAST @ 30 event on Sunday December 2nd.
Tickets are no longer on sale online as the event is so close: tickets are still available to buy on the door at the event though.