The do.collaboration space offers access to innovative multi-user, multi-touch technologies, a range of handheld mobile devices and tablets, advanced user-testing facilities, superb 3D laser scanning facilities, large scale 3D visualisation lab, Augmented Reality tools, High Level Architecture (HLA), massive parallel and distributed computing power and Render Farms.
We also host a collection of industry standard production software for 3D modelling, animation and visualisation, games level editors, audio and video special effects, and multi-user servers for networked environments.
The globally unique Prototyping Hall for user testing multi-touch, multi-user and mobile outputs, enables the tracking of up to 40 users’ movement and computer interactions, all of which can then be analysed using advance software, and visually represented.
Chowen and Garfield Weston Foundation Digital Prototyping Hall
- A range of multi-touch tables including: Pixelsense, Ideum Pro and our own bespoke-built 65" tables.
- 4 x vertically mounted 65" touch screens
- 3m x 2m 4K 3D Multi-touch wall
- A range of tablets and hand held devices
- A portable 55" multi touch table
- Microphone and speakers
- Events/Conferencing capacity and facilities for up to 120 people
Hot Desking and Meeting Space
- Meeting space for up to 10 people
- Seminar space for up to 25
- SMART Board
- Internet connection
- 2 fully-equipped Mac stations
- 1 Mac docking station
- 1 desktop PC station
- 1 dual-screen 3D modelling station installed witha range of 3D modelling software
The do.collaboration facilities have been established thanks to funding from the European Regional Development Fund, the Garfield Weston Foundation, major donations from University of Birmingham Circles of Influence philanthropists, and the College of Arts and Law.