Over the past 30 years the HSMC has developed its own specialist library and information service.
During this time our library service has built up a solid reputation due to our ability to anticipate and respond to the diverse expectations of our users from both within academia and the NHS.
As well as the staff and students of HSMC we provide a library service for:
• Students on the NHS Management Training Scheme (MTS & Clinical Fellows)
• Health Care Public Health, Birmingham
• Members of the Nuffield Trust, London
• Public Health Trainees in the West Midlands
Read what our users have said about our library
• To be a proactive and inventive provider of knowledge.
• To offer a consistently high quality and forward thinking information service making imaginative use of developments in IT and Web 2.0 technology.
• To anticipate, indentify and respond to the information needs of a heterogeneous user base.
Our services are founded on the principles of:
• Providing access to information in a timely and responsive manner.
• Using push technology to disseminate information.
• Being flexible and responsive in meeting the demands of our diverse user base.
We house a unique collection which is largely focused on health management, commissioning, leadership, social care and health policy related topics, and provide additional services including:
• Reference & enquiry
• Article supply service
• Literature searching
• Current awareness
• User education
Would you like to find out more about the library?
• Read the HSMC Library Guide
• Contact Rachel Posaner the library manager