Using a screen sharing website and a telephone you can join one-to-one training sessions from home or your office.
We use software called GoToMeeting as a way to facilitate this. You do not need to have this software installed on your own computer, but once you have joined the meeting you see the computer screen of the library staff, which allows us to demonstrate the use of databases, look at search results etc.
How to arrange a session
Please call us on 0121 414 3672 or email us at email@example.com to book a time that suits you.
How to join the session
- You will need a telephone or Skype phone and a computer with an Internet connection.
- We will email you a link which will allow you to join the meeting at the appointed time.
- Enter the meeting ID which we will have given you.
- Click Yes or Always (or Trust on a Mac) if prompted to accept the download..
- If requested, enter the meeting password provided by your meeting organizer. You will be entered into the meeting and the Attendee Control Panel and GoToMeeting Viewer window will appear.
- You are now set up to take part in the training session.