Listen to this on your smart phone by scanning this qr code
Welcome to one of a series of podcasts produced by the Health Services Management Centre’s Library and Information Service.
Hello, my name is Rachel Posaner and within this short podcast I am going to tell you about the 5 different ways in which you can contact the library.
1. Firstly a question, did you know that you could contact a member of the library team through Instant Messaging? IM is the in thing at the moment so why send us a message, question or query? We use Meebo as our Instant Messaging provider and you will find our Meebo widget on the library website at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/hsmc-library or alternatively you will see it on WEBCT or Blackboard, so for any queries why not try give it a try?
2. As well as IM the library also has a Skype account. So if you want to make a free call to the library team just search for “ HSMC library (all in one word) “ in your Skype search box either on your PC or even better on your mobile phone!
3. Email is another popular way of contacting us. The library’s generic email address is email@example.com. By sending your question or query to this address it will be picked up by a member of the library team and forwarded onto the appropriate person to action.
4. Have you got an iphone or smart phone? If so, don’t forget to put the library’s phone number on…. The library has 2 phone numbers. These are 0121 414 3672 or 0121 414 7060. So, if you need any assistance, whether it’s finding books, locating articles, requesting to see a dissertation or just any general queries about the library service just drop us a line.
5. Finally. Why not visit us in person? We are based at the beautiful Park House which is at number 40 Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham. Our postcode is B15 2RT. As well as the library there is plenty of free car parking, beautiful gardens, catering facilities, and an IT room.
The library itself is open until 7pm, Monday – Thursday, and till 4pm on a Friday. The library staff which consists of myself, Ann Evans, Lucy Drake and Wendy Spurr would be pleased to help you with any queries you may have. Plus, if you make an appointment before you arrive you will be guaranteed to have one to one help and assistant.
It is also useful to note that whilst the library staff is not available 24/7 you can find a wealth of information on our website which can be found at: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/hsmc-library which includes a fully comprehensive FAQ and help sections.
Well, that’s it. I hope that you found this podcast useful. Don’t forget that if you want any further help or information then please contact us via our website at: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/hsmc-library or, phone us on 0121 414 3672, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Skype us at:hsmclibrary, or check us out on either Facebook or Twitter.