This scheme allows you to use and borrow from other university libraries.
If you live further away from Birmingham it might well be worth looking into signing up with SCONUL Access.
Register for the scheme here.
Instructions for joining SCONUL
Things to note
- Different institutions offer different services, some will offer borrowing rights and some only reference. Check your chosen institution on the SCONUL website.
- Your email confirming your acceptance will expire in three weeks so you must register
with your chosen institution within that time.
- On your first visit to your chosen institution take your University of Birmingham ID card. This is the card with your photo on it not your laminated HSMC library card.
- Also take with you a passport photo and some additional ID containing your address.
- To register for SCONUL your Birmingham University library account must be clear of fines and have no outstanding loans.
This scheme is administered by the Main Library so please contact them for more information regarding applying and using SCONUL at: 0121 414 5828 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Just Ask!