Training Course for Specialist Trainees in Occupational Medicine
- University of Birmingham
- Medical and Dental Sciences
The three day course is designed for doctors who are preparing to sit examinations for Membership of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (MFOM) or Associateship of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (AFOM). The programme is delivered by academics and occupational health practitioners who have several years’ experience as examiners for the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM).
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Modified Essay Questions (MEQs) and Clinical OSPE stations are used to assess delegates and to provide feedback.
- An Observed Structured Practical Examination (OSPE) of clinical cases
- Lectures and tutorial sessions on epidemiology and statistics
- Overview of methods for assessing occupational exposures and approaches for assessing and managing risks in the workplace
- An assessment of an workplace exposure scenario which covers the following; hazards and potential health effects, industrial processes, methods for estimating exposure and the evaluation of risk management measures
- Feedback is provided to course delegates by lectures and tutors on different elements of the programme which involve assessments
- Formal lectures which serve to provide an overview of subject areas and including key concepts
- Open question and answer sessions related to clinical cases, occupational hygiene, epidemiology and statistics
- Clinical and non-clinical practical approaches to assessing managing risks in occupational settings
4-6 April 2017
University of Birmingham
£595.00 per delegate for the three day course
(Lunch and refreshments included)
Is this course accredited?
This course has received Faculty CPD Approval. Full attendance on the course will be awarded 12.5 CPD points.
Suitable for doctors (general practitioners) who are preparing to sit examinations for Membership of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (MFOM) or Associateship of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (AFOM).
How to apply
Registration is now closed, please contact us if you wish to go on the waiting list.
For more information about this course please contact the Centre for Professional Development office
Tel: 0121 414 3281