Management of Gynaecology in the Community
- Medical and Dental Sciences
This module is aimed at general practitioners and practice nurses working in the community required to develop competencies in the management of gynaecological disorders to an advanced level.
- Demonstrate systematic understanding of the theory and demonstrate ability to deal with complex issues underpinning gynaecological disease, prevention and management in the community.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the aetiology, pathophysiology and presentation of gynaecological disorders and the diagnosis and classification of gynaecological disorders.
- Evaluate critically the management of gynaecological disease and prevention of long term complications according to current guidelines.
- Explain the roles of the multidisciplinary team in gynaecological disease care to improve health outcomes (as recommended in relevant national policy documents)
- Manage gynaecological disorders in the community safely and effectively using the practical competencies acquired.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of clinical governance for gynaecological conditions, their management, developing audit tools and performance indicators to ensure services are being delivered to an acceptable standard.
Dr Helen Stokes-Lampard – GP & Senior Lecturer, University of Birmingham
Dr Jennifer Byrom – Consultant and Lead Clinician for the Vulval Service, BWH
Dr Eki Sangha – GPwSI Gynaecology, Birmingham Women’s Hospital
Health Care Professional with first degree or equivalent
Clinical Sciences Building, University of Birmingham
Is this course accredited?
20 MSc credits awarded for completion of assessment.
This 3 day course is CPD accredited.
£500 (£200 bench fee applies - please enquire for details)
How to apply
For more information please contact Amy Partleton
Tel: 0121 414 2677