Management of Heart Failure in primary care
- Edgabston Campus
- Medical and Dental Sciences
The course will provide you with skills and academic requirements for specialist clinical practice within the community. It uniquely combines academic and clinical aspects of community and primary care with practical sessions and summative assessment in practice by trained clinical assessors.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with complex issues underpinning heart failure management in primary care
- Evaluate critically the prevention of long term complications according to current guidelines
- Understand the roles of the multidisciplinary team in heart failure to improve health outcomes
- Understand the requirements of clinical governance for heart failure management
The programme includes; anatomy, physiology and function of the heart, echocardiogram, epidemiology and definition of heart failure, investigations, treatment, lifestyle, managing related clinical events, palliative care and the role of the specialist heart failure practitioner.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for GP’s, nurses and other health care professionals aiming to acquire specialised skills and qualifications in heart failure management with primary and community care.
Health Care Professional with first degree or equivalent
University of Birmingham
How to apply
Register for this course with a credit/debit at our online shop.
For more information please contact Amy Partleton
Tel: 0121 414 2677