An Introduction to Oral Anticoagulation Management
- Centre for Professional Development – B1 on the Edgbaston Campus map
- Medical and Dental Sciences
This course is targeted at nurses, and aims to provide an overview of the management of oral anticoagulation.
- A knowledge of the principles of anticoagulation therapy, indication for use, side effects and interactions
- A knowledge of the principles of point of care, INR testing & quality assurance
- A knowledge of the professional guidelines for management of oral anticoagulation, audit procedures & protocol development
Professor David Fitzmaurice– GP & Clinical Lead of Primary Care, UoB
Dr Ellen Murray – Senior Lecturer in Primary Care
Mrs Diane Kitchen – Biomedical Scientist, UK NEQAS for blood coagulation
Centre for Professional Development, Medical School, University of Birmingham
Is this course accredited?
This is a 1 day CPD accredited course.
£150 per person
How to apply
Register for this course online with a credit/debit card at our online shop.
For more information about this course please contact Amy Partleton:
Tel: 0121 414 2677