An Introduction to Oral Anticoagulation Management
- Centre for Professional Development – B1 on the Edgbaston Campus map
- Medical and Dental Sciences
This course is targeted at nurses, and aims to provide an overview of the management of oral anticoagulation.
- A knowledge of the principles of anticoagulation therapy, indication for use, side effects and interactions
- A knowledge of the principles of point of care, INR testing & quality assurance
- A knowledge of the professional guidelines for management of oral anticoagulation, audit procedures & protocol development
Professor David Fitzmaurice – GP & Clinical Lead of Primary Care, University of Birmingham
Dr Will Lester – Consultant Haematologist, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
Mrs Dianne Kitchen – Biomedical Scientist, UK NEQAS for blood coagulation
Centre for Professional Development, Medical School, University of Birmingham
£150 per person
How to apply
Register for this course online with a credit/debit card at our online shop.
For more information about this course please contact Amy Partleton:
Tel: 0121 414 2677
Fees will be refunded on a sliding scale as follows: within 2 weeks prior to course date 25% refunded; 2-4 weeks prior to course date 50% refunded, 4-6 weeks prior to course date 75%; 6 weeks plus 100% refund. It may be possible to transfer your reserved place to another available date when 6 weeks or more notice is provided, transfers with less than 6 weeks before date of course are subject to administration fees.
Please note that some of our courses are subject to bench fees. Please enquire for further details.