Knee and Rest of Lower Limb "What can I do in 10 minutes?"
- Medical and Dental Sciences
The course is designed for Clinicians working in Primary Care. The course is designed to develop awareness of common musculoskeletal problems presenting in Primary Care. The format is practical and interactive with sessions to review and revise relevant anatomy and develop and practice the practical skill of joint examination specifically aimed at the busy Primary Care clinicians working pattern and is achievable in a 10 minute consultation. The course identifies indications for imaging and onward referral.
- At the end of the course you will have been shown the skills to perform a quick and slick joint examination using evidence based examination techniques.
- You will be aware of the significant and relevant anatomy related to each joint/ joint system
- You will be aware of the overall management of common musculoskeletal problems in Primary care and the role of Primary Care management.
- You will understand the indications for involvement of other Health Care Professionals and indications for onward referral.
Who is this course for?
The course is intended for GPs and nurses working in Primary Care.
Mick Jubb - Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, University Hospitals Birmingham
Harry Mobberley - Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, University Hospitals Birmingham
Centre for Professional Development, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Is this course accredited?
This is a 1 day CPD accredited course.
How to apply
£150 or £250 for both days when booked with Lumbar Spine and Shoulder What can I do in 10 minutes?
For more information about this course please contact Amy Partleton:
Tel: 0121 414 2677