Occupational Mental Health
- Medical and Dental Sciences
This course covers many important emerging psychological issues in the workplace, ranging from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Substance Abuse and Depression, through to Stress and Personality Disorders.
The course will include lectures by practitioners with experience in assessing cases of psychological and mental health problems. There will be a demonstration of instruments and tools relevant to psychometric assessment and evaluation of worker well-being, as well as in-class assessments of “workers” presenting with psychological symptoms.
Topics covered throughout the course include:
- Background and overview - what is 'mental health' and how does it affect us in the workplace?
- Legislation and regulations
- Exposure - psychosocial hazards and other contributing factors
- Acute and long-term effects of mental health issues
- Management of workers - surveillance, assessment and guidance
Who is this course for?
This short course is aimed at training occupational health practitioners who want to understand more about the assessment and management of workers with a range of mental health problems and psychological issues.
Institute of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Is this course accredited?
This course has received Faculty CPD Approval. Full attendance on the course will be awarded 11 CPD points.
£595.00 per person
How to apply
For further information please contact the CPD Training Team at the IOEM:
Tel: +44 (0)121 414 6013 / 6014
Fax + 44 (0)121 414 6217