Diagnosis and Management of Peripheral Arterial and Venous Disease in primary care: Implementing NICE guideline
- Medical and Dental Sciences
This course will allow participants to understand the epidemiology, diagnosis and management of peripheral arterial and venous disease so that they can meet the recommendations contained within recently published NICE guidelines.
- Understand the epidemiology of peripheral vascular disese
- Be confident in diagnosing peripheral arterial and venous disease
- Understand how to implement the recommendations contained within recent NICE guidelines
- Be aware of ongoing research in the field
- Understand the modern management options for people with:
1. Varicose Veins
2. Venous ulcer
3. Intermittent claudication
4. Crticial limb ischaemia
5. Diabetic foot
6. Abdominal aortic aneurysm
7. Carotid artery disease
8. Renal failure requiring dialysis
- Know how to measure ABPI using Doppler ultrasound
Centre for Professional Development, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Is this course accredited?
This is a 1 day CPD accredited course.
£150 per person
How to apply
For more information about this course please contact Amy Partleton:
Tel: 0121 414 2677