Management of DVT and Pulmonary Embolism within primary care
- Centre for Professional Development – B1 on the Edgbaston Campus map
- Medical and Dental Sciences
This one day course aims to provide knowledge on the diagnosis and management of DVT and PE with an emphasis on a primary care setting. It will also inform on major developments around VTE prevention for patients admitted to hospital and discuss why it is relevant in primary care.
- Aetiology and epidemiology of thrombosis
- Symptoms and signs of DVT and PE
- Guidelines for treatment of thrombosis
- How to set up community management of DVT and PE
- Major problem of VTE risk for patients admitted to hospital
- NICE guidelines for VTE prophylaxis and what can be done in primary care
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at GP’s, practice nurses and other health care professionals working in a related field.
Centre for Professional Development, University of Birmingham
How to apply
Register for this course using a credit/debit card at our online shop.
For more information about this course please contact Amy Partleton:
Tel: 0121 414 2677
Fees will be refunded on a sliding scale as follows: within 2 weeks prior to course date 25% refunded; 2-4 weeks prior to course date 50% refunded, 4-6 weeks prior to course date 75%; 6 weeks plus 100% refund. It may be possible to transfer your reserved place to another available date when 6 weeks or more notice is provided, transfers with less than 6 weeks before date of course are subject to administration fees.
Please note that some of our courses are subject to bench fees. Please enquire for further details.