Management of DVT and Pulmonary Embolism within primary care
- Medical and Dental Sciences
This one day course aims to provide knowledge on the diagnosis and management of DVT and PE with an emphasis on a primary care setting. It will also inform on major developments around VTE prevention for patients admitted to hospital and discuss why it is relevant in primary care..
- Aetiology and epidemiology of thrombosis
- Symptoms and signs of DVT and PE
- Guidelines for treatment of thrombosis
- How to set up community management of DVT and PE
- Major problem of VTE risk for patients admitted to hospital
- NICE guidelines for VTE prophylaxis and what can be done in primary care
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at GP’s, practice nurses and other health care professionals working in a related field.
Centre for Professional Development, University of Birmingham
Is this course accredited?
This is a 1 day CPD accredited course.
How to apply
For more information about this course please contact Amy Partleton:
Tel: 0121 414 2677