Reducing re-admission and saving lives – Management of PE and DVT
Aims of the Course
• To provide knowledge on the diagnosis and management of DVT within a primary care setting
• To inform on major developments around VTE prevention for patients amitted to hospital
• To discuss why it is relevant in primary care
Knowledge of the following:
• Aetiology and epidemiology of thrombosis
• Symptoms and signs of DVT
• Guidelines for treatment of thrombosis
• How to set up community management of DVT
• Major problem of VTE risk for patients admitted to hospital
• NICE guidelines for VTE prophylaxis and what can be done in primary care
Who is the course for?
GP's, practice nurses and other health care professionals
Download a copy of the course flyer for more information about the course speakers and programme.
Centre for Professional Development, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Is this course accredited?
This course is CPD accredited
£125 includes tea/coffee and lunch
How to apply
Please contact Tamara Ball
0121 414 3281