The 1-day course in partnership with the Phenome Centre Birmingham will provide clinicians with an overview of the metabolomics pipeline highlighting the benefits of this technique to the medical field and an introduction to the Phenome Centre Birmingham and the MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre.
The course will provide a suitable introduction to metabolomics prior to taking additional training courses at either the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre or the Imperial International Phenome Training Centre.
- Introduction to the Phenome Centre Birmingham and the Imperial MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre showcasing facilities and expertise available.
- Introduction to metabolomics
- Importance of experimental design and sample collection
- Overview of technologies available for data acquisition highlighting discovery phase profiling technologies and targeted platforms for the validation of biomarkers
- Overview of technologies available for data analysis
- Case studies – large-scale metabolic phenotyping, translation to targeted assays, clinical practice
- Question and answer session with the experts
Download the full programme here
Date: 21 July 2017
Register for the course here
- University of Birmingham or Birmingham Health Partners Registration - £100
(You must be a student or member of staff at the University of Birmingham to use this rate)
- Standard Registration - £200
Level: The course is aimed at individuals with no previous experience of metabolomics.
Contact David Epps for further information. Please read the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre’s Conditions and Cancellation Policy prior to registering.