This 3-day course will introduce you to using the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in your metabolomics investigations. The course will be led by experts in the field of metabolomics and include lectures, laboratory sessions and computer workshops to provide a detailed overview of the metabolomics pipeline applying the Q Exactive mass spectrometer.
- Introduction to Metabolomics on the Q Exactive; metabolomics workflow, and case studies using the Q Exactive
- Using the Q Exactive family of instruments in your metabolomics investigations
- Experimental design and the importance of quality control samples
- Sample preparation to include polar and non-polar preparation methods on urine and serum samples and the preparation of samples for profiling and targeted analyses on the Q Exactive.
- Hands-on sample analysis for profiling and targeted studies, setting up the Vanquish UHPLC coupled to the Q Exactive MS.
- Data processing workshop (includes instruction on combining profiling and targeted analysis)
- Data analysis workshop (univariate and multivariate analysis)
- Introduction to metabolite identification applying Data Dependent Analaysis and Data Independent Analysis
- Question and answer session with a panel of experts
- Tips and tricks
- Problem solving
Download the full programme here
Date: 12-14 June 2017
Cost: Early bird £1065, standard £1185
Level: The course is aimed at individuals with minimal previous experience of applying LC-MS in metabolomics studies. A working knowledge of LC-MS would be advantageous.
For further information or to register your interest in the course contact David Epps
Please read the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre’s Conditions and Cancellation Policy prior to registering.