This 3-day course will introduce you to using the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in your metabolomics investigations. The course will be led by experts in the field of metabolomics and include lectures, laboratory sessions and computer workshops to provide a detailed overview of the metabolomics pipeline applying the Q Exactive mass spectrometer.
- Introduction to Metabolomics on the Q Exactive; metabolomics workflow, and case studies using the Q Exactive
- Using the Q Exactive family of instruments in your metabolomics investigations
- Experimental design and the importance of quality control samples
- Sample preparation to include polar and non-polar preparation methods on urine and serum samples and the preparation of samples for profiling and targeted analyses on the Q Exactive.
- Hands-on sample analysis for profiling and targeted studies, setting up the Vanquish UHPLC coupled to the Q Exactive MS.
- Data processing workshop (includes instruction on combining profiling and targeted analysis)
- Data analysis workshop (univariate and multivariate analysis)
- Introduction to metabolite identification applying Data Dependent Analaysis and Data Independent Analysis
- Question and answer session with a panel of experts
- Tips and tricks
- Problem solving
Download the full programme here
Date: 12-14 June 2017
NERC-funded bursaries: A limited number of NERC-funded bursaries are available for PhD students to attend the course. If you are a PhD student funded by NERC please select the bursary option when registering for the course. You will be notified by email if you have been awarded a bursary to attend the course. The bursary will cover the full cost of the course, accommodation (up to 3 nights, which we will book for you) and up to £100 towards travel costs.
ELIXIR-UK funded bursaries: A limited number of ELIXIR-UK funded bursaries are available for PhD students funded by either the BBSRC or MRC to attend the course. If you are a PhD student funded by the BBSRC or MRC please select the bursary option when registering for the course. You will be notified by email if you have been awarded a bursary to attend the course. The bursary will cover the course registration fee, you will need to pay for your own accommodation and travel costs.
Cost: Early bird £1065, standard £1185
Level: The course is aimed at individuals with minimal previous experience of applying LC-MS in metabolomics studies. A working knowledge of LC-MS would be advantageous.
Register here for the course
For further information contact David Epps. Please read the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre’s Conditions and Cancellation Policy prior to registering.