This 3-day course will introduce you to using the Q Exactive mass spectrometer in your metabolomics investigations. The course will be led by experts in the field of metabolomics and include lectures, laboratory sessions and computer workshops to provide a detailed overview of the metabolomics pipeline applying the Q Exactive mass spectrometer.
- Introduction to Metabolomics on the Q Exactive; metabolomics workflow, and case studies using the Q Exactive
- Using the Q Exactive family of instruments in your metabolomics investigations
- Experimental design and the importance of quality control samples
- Sample preparation to include polar and non-polar preparation methods on urine and serum samples and the preparation of samples for profiling and targeted analyses on the Q Exactive.
- Hands-on sample analysis for profiling and targeted studies, setting up the Vanquish UHPLC coupled to the Q Exactive MS.
- Data processing workshop (includes instruction on combining profiling and targeted analysis)
- Data analysis workshop (univariate and multivariate analysis)
- Introduction to metabolite identification applying Data Dependent Analaysis and Data Independent Analysis
- Question and answer session with a panel of experts
- Tips and tricks
- Problem solving
Download the full programme here
Date: 12-14 June 2017, 6-8 November 2017
NERC-funded bursaries: A limited number of NERC-funded bursaries are available for PhD students to attend the course. If you are a PhD student funded by NERC please select the bursary option when registering for the course. You will be notified by email if you have been awarded a bursary to attend the course. The bursary will cover the full cost of the course, accommodation (up to 3 nights, which we will book for you) and up to £100 towards travel costs.
ELIXIR-UK funded bursaries: A limited number of ELIXIR-UK funded bursaries are available for PhD students funded by either the BBSRC or MRC to attend the course. If you are a PhD student funded by the BBSRC or MRC please select the bursary option when registering for the course. You will be notified by email if you have been awarded a bursary to attend the course. The bursary will cover the course registration fee, you will need to pay for your own accommodation and travel costs.
Cost: Early bird £1065, standard £1185
Level: The course is aimed at individuals with minimal previous experience of applying LC-MS in metabolomics studies. A working knowledge of LC-MS would be advantageous.
Register for the June course here
Register for the November course here
For further information contact David Epps. Please read the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre’s Conditions and Cancellation Policy prior to registering.