This 2-day course will provide a comprehensive theoretical overview and hands-on experience of the application of quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) in metabolomics. It will include both theoretical and practical components to provide hands-on experience of using the mass spectrometer (a maximum of 4 people working on the instrument in a session) and the analysis of data. Experts who have developed the application of QA and QC procedures within the field will lead the course.
- What are Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) and how do they differ?
- Importance of quality assurance in metabolomics (include discussion session to reflect on pre-course task)
- Types of QA for untargeted and targeted studies
- Importance of quality control (QC) samples
- Types of QC samples for untargeted and targeted studies
- Preparation of QC samples for untargeted and targeted studies
- Analytical studies including QC samples for untargeted and targeted studies
- Processing of QC data for QA for untargeted and targeted studies
- Recommended QA procedures, reporting QA/QC for untargeted and targeted studies
- Useful tips and troubleshooting
- Question and answer session with the experts
Download the full programme here
Date: 12-13 October 2017
Cost: Early bird £745, Standard £825
Level: The course is aimed at PhD students and post-doctoral researchers who have been actively applying metabolomics for a minimum of 6 months. If individuals would like to attend the course but do not have the recommended level of experience please contact the course administrator for advice.
For further information or to register your interest in the course contact David Epps
Please read the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre’s Conditions and Cancellation Policy prior to registering.