The following equipment is available to use in the facility please arrange booking access to facility and training with Jamie Webster prior to use.
3x New Brunswick INNOVA 44R shaking incubator
- Large easy to read displays shows set point and actual values
- Integral timer, 0,1 to 99,9 h, shows elapsed time or counts down, automatic switch-off and audible alarm when program is complete. Induction experiments can be controlled via the programing so that you can induce during the day restrict induction time between 1-16 hours overnight and then reduce temperature to 4oC with minimal shaking (25rpm) and harvest the next morning.
- Microprocessor controller maintains precise temperature, stores programs for repeat use and recalls last set points, even when unit has been shut off. Will also restart if power is interrupted
- Triple eccentric counterbalanced drive with brushless motor ensures uniform motion regardless of where the sample is on the platform even when fully loaded and operating at top speed
- Air circulation system ensures rapid temperature equilibration and uniformity, multi-function reservoir humidifies the chamber to minimise sample evaporation
is configured for overnights small cultures on sticky mats and microplate work using a universal platform
is configured for 5 litre flasks and small flasks using a universal platform
is configured for 12x 2 litre flasks
2x Beckman Avanti J-26 XP High performance Centrifuge
- Fully compatible with the J-Lite rotors series
- Fully adaptable with more than 32 rotor combinations to meet a wide range of separation needs (fixed angle and swinging bucket options ranging frin 43.2 mL to 6 L capacity.
- Exclusive SR Drive Technology with definable accel and decel rates improve efficiency, yield, and confidence
Rotors available (users are required to provide their own bottles and cap assemblies)
J-LITE® JLA-8.1000 Rotor, Fixed Angle, Aluminium, 6 x 1,000 mL, 8,000 rpm, 15,970 x g
JA-25.50 Rotor, Fixed Angle, Aluminium, Biosafety Lid, 8 x 50 mL, 25,000 rpm, 75,600 x g
2x New Brunswick Galaxy S Series 170 S CO2 Incubator
- Gentle, fanless convection circulation allows full use of the incubator interior
- IR CO₂ sensor with automatic auto-zero to ensure accurate calibrated measurements
- Galaxy 170 S is available with optional high temperature disinfection (at 120 °C)
- Stackable - two units high with optional stacking kit.
- Connected to C02
- Set at 37oC with 5% C02
2x New Brunswick INNOVA 44R shaking incubator for S2 / S9 work
- Same as the incubators in G13 however the setup is for 27oC with 17 rpm shaking on a Universal platform without clips.
1x Wheaton roll-in incubator for cell production
- This can take up to 55 2 litre roller bottles. Set at 37oC
ÄKTA pure 25 L
System pumps Two bio-inert high performance dual piston pumps for flow rates up to 25 ml/min and pressure up to 20 MPa Pressure sensors One pressure sensor placed after system pump Mixer Gradient mixer with 1.4 ml chamber included. Injection valve Connections for sample application from both loop and sample pump in one valve UV monitor (U9-L, Fixed Wavelength) Detect proteins at 280 nm using long-life LED technology. Can also be used as a second UV monitor. Conductivity monitor Wide-range (0.01 to 999.99 mS/cm), for gradient verification in all common chromatography techniques.
Outlet Valve Kit (V9-Os, 1-outlet) Switch between fraction collector, one outlet position and waste.
Inlet Valve Kit (V9-IAB) Switch between multiple buffers and cleaning solutions. Selection between 2 A and 2 B inlets in a single valve.
Fraction collector F9-C Covered cassette format x-y fraction collector for safe collection of up to 576 fractions in deep-well plates, tubes, and bottles.
Air sensor L9-1.5mm Automatically detect air in inlet tubing, e.g. in order to pause system if running out of buffer or for complete loading of sample. Can be attached to system using adapter for air sensor and bottle holder. Uses 1/8 inch connectors. For use with ÄKTA avant or ÄKTA pure.
Loop Valve Kit (V9-L) Automate sample application from up to five sample loops or collect intermediate fractions in automated two-step purification.
Column Valve Kit (V9-C, 5-columns) Switch automatically between 5 columns. Automate cleaning and increase eluted concentration using column bypass and reverse flow. Safeguard columns through pre-and post-column pressure measurements.
Column holder for columns with outer diameter between 10 and 50 mm. Attached to ÄKTA Avant or ÄKTA pure using the rail system.
ÄKTA purifier UPC10
ÄKTA purifier core systems are versatile, modular liquid chromatography systems for fast and reliable separations of proteins, peptides, and nucleic acids by FPLC. The four available core systems can be combined with ÄKTA design automation kits and hardware to achieve tailor-made solutions for your protein purification needs.
Using ÄKTA design automation kits to expand ÄKTA purifier core systems also eliminates a number of common problems in FPLC purification, such as long sample loading time, frequent column cleaning, and air corrupting thesystem.
• Four core system configurations for greater versatility
• High-performance purification by FPLC
• System configurations designed to meet individual
• ÄKTAdesign automation kits can be added to provide greater flexibility
- Wide range of purification scales
ÄKTA purifier 10 and UPC 10 configurations are designed for purification of microgram to milligram quantities of protein, operating at flow rates of 0.001 to 10 ml/min at pressures of 0 to 25 MPa.
Columns available for use on both ÄKTA’s:
Mono Q 4.6/100 PE
Mono Q is a strong anion exchanger prepacked with MonoBeads in a Tricorn column. The column is an excellent choice for small-scale polishing in purification of proteins, peptides, and other biomolecules when high purity is required.
Mono S 4.6/100 PE
- Mono S is a strong cation exchanger prepacked with MonoBeads in a Tricorn column. The column is an excellent choice for small-scale polishing in purification of proteins, peptides, and other biomolecules when high purity is required. The column has 1.7 ml bed volume for small-scale purifications.
- Both share the following specifications:
- Monodisperse 10 µm porous beads yield high resolution, dynamic capacity, reproducibility, and durability.
- Maximum resolution is achieved from the efficiency of small, perfectly spherical monodispersed particles optimally packed in columns coupled with the excellent selectivity’s of the Q ion exchangers.
- Compatible with ÄKTA design, FPLC System, and other high-performance LC systems.
- MonoBeads are also available as Mono P for chromatofocusing
- The Tricorn columns offer high-resolution separations with greater loading capacity but slightly lower resolution than MiniBeads columns.
- Resource Q columns are prepacked with Source 15Q, a strong anion exchanger for intermediate lab-scale purification and large-scale polishing of biomolecules.
- Resource S columns are prepacked with Source 15S, a strong cation exchanger for intermediate lab-scale purification and large-scale polishing of biomolecules with ion exchange chromatography.
- Both share the following specifications:
- SOURCE 15Q and 15S media are highly suitable for fast, high-resolution purifications and easy scale-up.
- Rigid, monodispersed, spherical particles with controlled pore-size distribution offer excellent flow characteristics, sample loading of up to 25 mg of protein/ml, and improved stability in organic solvents and pH extremes
- RESOURCE prepacked columns for fast separation. Separation times using 1 ml RESOURCE columns are less than 3 min at 9.6 ml/min and about 20 min using a peristaltic pump at 1 ml/min.
- Improved capacity compared to MonoBeads but with a slightly lower resolution.
HiLoad 26/600 Superdex 200 pg
HiLoad 26/600 Superdex 200 prep grade are prepacked XK columns designed for high-resolution preparative gel filtration chromatography. The column is an excellent choice highly suitable for separating MAbs from dimers and contaminants.
HiLoad 26/600 Superdex 75 pg
HiLoad Superdex 75 prep grade are prepacked XK columns designed for high-resolution preparative gel filtration chromatography separating proteins and polynucleotides.
Both share the following specifications:
- High resolution with short run times and good recovery.
- High capacity at high flow rates.
- Separations can be scaled up to production levels.
- Prepacked for convenience and reproducibility.
- 1/16” fittings for convenient connections to ÄKTA design systems.
Superdex prep grade (pg) is produced by covalent bonding of dextran to highly cross-linked agarose. The separation properties of these media are determined by the dextran component. Steep selectivity curves give excellent resolving power for peptides and proteins in the molecular weight ranges, Mr < 10 000 (Superdex 30 pg), Mr 3 000 to 70 000 (Superdex 75 pg), and Mr 10 000 600 000 (Superdex 200 pg). The medium combines high mechanical strength with high hydrophilicity, allowing high flow rates, and minimal nonspecific interaction.
Superdex 200 10/300 GL
- High-resolution separations of proteins, peptides, and other biomolecules according to size.
- Highly suitable for the polishing step in a purification procedure.
- Easy and predictable scale-up.
- Excellent reproducibility and durability.
- For rapid protein homogeneity analysis or purity check use the 5/150 GL short columns.