Documents for Gateway Bursary Scheme application
You will be asked to upload the following documents as part of your Gateway Bursary Scheme online application.
Evidence of eligibility
This scheme is intended to support students from certain priority groups, so you will need to provide evidence that you are eligible.
- In receipt of a standard or alternative A2B (Access to Birmingham) offer
- Registered as disabled / in receipt of Disability Student Allowance
- A care leaver
- First generation of the family into higher education
- From a lower income background i.e. in receipt of a grant or scholarship
- A lone parent (you are a single parent of one or more children)
- From an ethnic minority
Evidence that you are securing work experience
During the application you will be asked for evidence on the stage you are at in securing work experience. This could be, for example, email from the organisation demonstrating their willingness to explore some work experience, or an application form receipt.
Need advice on sourcing work experience? Try our opportunities page.
As part of your application you will be asked to show us how much money you need from us and for what purpose. You should back up your application with evidence, which you can provide as screenshots or online documents. The application guidelines (PDF - 110KB) explain in more detail what we are looking for.