Careers Network Mentoring
This scheme aims to help all students throughout their time at University. From adapting to the university lifestyle in your first year, to finding where your career path lies in your final year, this scheme allows you to sound out your ideas with a mentor.
Why should you apply?
Mentoring is a great way to seek advice from a University of Birmingham graduate. Our alumni mentors understand the difficulties of final year and securing that graduate job, but now they have a wealth of experience and advice to share with you, in order to ensure you make the most out of successfully completing your degree.
- Seek invaluable advice on how to utilize the months after graduation to secure a graduate role.
- Gain real insight into a sector and how to succeed.
- Build your contacts within a professional environment.
- Sound out your ideas and goals.
Open to all undergraduate students.
Application process – how to apply
The Careers Network mentoring scheme is now closed for 2014-15. Applications will re-open at the start of term next academic year in 2015-16.
Our mentors have kindly volunteered their time to help you succeed after graduation. Most of our mentors are alumni and are in a range of different sectors. They understand what it is like to be a Birmingham Graduate and the difficulties that can arise from finding a job in a competitive market. They want to help you explore your options and decide on the right career path for you!
We have mentors in a number of sectors including:
- Advertising and marketing
- Environment and conservation
Plus many more!
- Opens in September 2015
- Deadline: 15 November 2015
- Check-in surveys - we would like to find out how you are progressing with your mentor and will send these out during the initial stages and half-way through.
- Mentoring occurs from December 2015 to June 2016.
- Final evaluation - at the end of the scheme we would like to find out how you have benefited from being mentored and if there are improvements that can be made to our scheme.