Chicago Shakespeare Theater education internship
About the organisation
Chicago Shakespeare Theater (CST) is one of America’s leading regional theaters, known for vibrant productions that reflect Shakespeare's genius for intricate storytelling, musicality of language and depth of feeling for the human condition.
As a leading international cultural institution, CST is dedicated to producing extraordinary classical productions, new works and family fare; unlocking Shakespeare’s work for educators and students; and serving as Chicago’s cultural ambassador through its World Stage Series.
At its state-of-the-art facility on Chicago’s Navy Pier, CST houses two intimate theater spaces. Through a year-round season encompassing more than 500 performances, CST attracts nearly 200,000 audience members annually—including 40,000 students and teachers through its comprehensive education programs.
Find out more about the company on the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre website
There are internships available in the following 4 departments:
All internships fully funded, 12 weeks in length, starting May/June 2017 (there may be some flexibility with start and end dates) and concluding in August 2017.
How to apply
Please click on the relevant job description for details on each internship for further information on each role along with student requirements.
Marketing & PR Internship (PDF-136kb)
Education Internship - Summer 2017 (PDF-154kb)
Casting Internship - Summer 2017 (PDF-133kb)
Once you have reviewed the job descriptions, please click on the link below to apply for the relevant internship.
Please note the application process for these internships is different to that of other Global Challenge internships – you will need to complete some brief details on-line and then attach relevant documents:
- A cover letter stating your specific interest(s) in the role, your availability and how you heard about the position. Please state which internship you are interested in.
- A current CV
- Two letters of academic and/or professional reference
- A writing sample (for Marketing, PR and Education roles only) - please refer the job descriptions for more details
Application deadline: 12 February 2017
Please note the below is an approximate indication of timescales, which may be subject to change:
- Applications reviewed (mid-late February)
- Shortlited candidate invited to physical interview on campus (late Feb, early March)
- Shortlisted candidates invited Skype Interview with Chicago Shakespeare Theatre (early-mid March)
- Final decision made by the team in Chicago (mid-end March)