GSK marketing internship, Morocco
Please note, the job description is designed to give you an idea of the tasks and responsibilities you may be involved with as part of your internship, and is yet to be finalised
About the company
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. We have a challenging and inspiring mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With a firm foundation in science, we discover, develop, manufacture and distribute prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Headquartered in the UK with major business operations in the US, we employ more than 99,000 people in 120 countries.
We discover, develop and market medicines and vaccines that meet patients’ needs and provide value to payors (governments and other healthcare providers who are our primary customers).
We also innovate and market consumer healthcare products that help people stay healthy.
Our business comprises three main types of product: prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our products include treatments for a wide variety of diseases, conditions and illnesses.
In order to meet our mission, we focus our business around five strategic priorities that aim to improve our long-term financial performance.
- Grow a diversified, global business
- Deliver more products of value
- Simplify the operating model
- Create a culture of individual empowerment
- Building trust
About the internship
Support the implementation of the Marketing/brand plan for 2016/2017.
- Support in the Launch activities preparation
- Update of the Annual Brand Plan
- Preparation of promotional materials for September Campaign
The key responsibilities for the intern will be to:
- Assist and support product managers in new product launches
- Provide support in Marketing Plan updates
- Undertake market intelligence activities (SWOT, Market trends, competitor gate keeping)
- Conduct Market Research activities
Support and information provided by the employer, for students with additional needs?
- Full Induction & completion of Mandatory e-learning modules
- Computer and system access/ email account
Qualifications and Skills
Applications are sought from students studying disciplines with a strong marketing / communications component.
The following knowledge and skills are identified by the employer as being essential:
- Solid knowledge of marketing
It is desirable that applicants have previous experience in marketing, in previous internships.
Please note that French language is stated as being a plus for this opportunity.
How to apply