Internship opportunities exclusive to the University of Birmingham, sourced for you by Careers Network.
My internship with Sony was a fantastic experience, which gave me an insight into the industry which I will go into after I complete my degree, as well as helping me gain additional knowledge which I have used to help me write my dissertation! On top of this I believe that having the internship on my CV was key to me securing a graduate job offer with Deloitte. - Ashleigh Lloyd
Work with a leading graduate recruiter in the summer and gain skills and experience that can lead you to that graduate role.
- Exciting 3 year graduate programmes available with Rieke Packaging Systems. Travel the world and earn £35,000 per annum through the programme (+ £5,500 for living expenses)
- Entrepreneurial Spark are the world's largest free business accelerator for early stage and growing ventures. Apply for one of five summer internships.
- Great ideas? Passion for writing? Confidence and charm? Social media guru? If these qualities sound familiar, McCann PR wants to hear from you!
- Work alongside the Mingana Collection Development Officer to improve the understanding, appreciation and use of the Mingana Collection of Middle Eastern manuscripts.
- This summer internship role is to assist the Marketing/Communications Manager in delivering efficient and effective marketing, communications and PR activity for all aspects of the company's summer open air programme.
- The purpose of the intern / paralegal role is to assist the Partners, Associates and other fee earners in the various departments across the firm.
- There are two short-term internships available for students wishing to gain experience of working in the heritage sector.
- Are you looking to gain experience in the dynamic world of EU affairs? We are looking for two undergraduate students for a one-year placement in the Greater Birmingham and West Midland's prestigious office in Brussels from June 2016 to June 2017 for the posts of: EU Policy Assistant and EU Communications & Marketing Assistant.
- Birmingham City Council (BCC) are offering a number of opportunities to students at the University of Birmingham. The voluntary summer placements are for a duration of up to 4 weeks, and are available for students in all year groups to apply to. Placements are available to undertake between May and September 2016. The duration and working arrangements will be discussed and agreed with successful students, by relevant departments.
- If you graduated from the University of Birmingham in the past two years, we have a number of paid graduate internships aimed specifically at YOU! The University of Birmingham has received funding from Santander to work with exciting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), creating paid, full-time three month placement opportunities. These pay £1,000 per month and provide the successful candidates with amazing opportunities to gain invaluable experience in a wide range of industry settings. We are receiving details of new opportunities continuously, so if you're eligible and interested, please visit regularly to find out about the latest ones and to make sure that you don't miss out.
- This is a two week work skills scheme based at the Santander Branch on campus at the University of Birmingham. The scheme is aimed at all students who have an interest in banking or have a desire to develop their skills in preparation for employment once graduated. The scheme will develop their skills across a range of competencies including sales management, risk management, world class service ethics and HR functions including people management.
Internship and work experience opportunities
Studying and working abroad, whether for a whole year, your summer vacation or even a couple of weeks can be an extremely enriching and rewarding experience. Employers look for candidates with a global mindset - that is those with cultural awareness and an ability to work with colleagues from other countries. They also look for adaptability and flexibility and undertaking an international experience can give you this.
Overseas internship providers
Here are some examples of organisations that offer overseas internships and work experience opportunities. They are not endorsed by the University but give you a flavour of the types of activities you could undertake.
These give you a flavour of the types of activities you could undertake, but are not endorsed by the University of Birmingham:
See Universitas 21 for conferences and projects
There are more opportunities through the British Council to study abroad and work abroad. If you are interested in volunteering in Europe, find out about opportunities and funding available from the European Volunteer Service
Other organisations advertising internships overseas
- Go Abroad
- Global Placement
- EURES Jobcentre Plus is a member of the European Employment Services network (EURES). ERES offers support to jobseekers interested in working elsewhere in Europe.