International work experience
Studying and working abroad, whether for a whole year, your summer vacation or even a couple of weeks can be an extremely enriching and rewarding experience. Employers look for candidates with a global mindset – that is those with cultural awareness and an ability to work with colleagues from other countries. They also look for adaptability and flexibility and undertaking an international experience can give you this.
Internship and work experience opportunities
Overseas internship providers
Here are some examples of organisations that offer overseas internships and work experience opportunities. They are not endorsed by the University but give you a flavour of the types of activities you could undertake.
- City Internships - global internship program
- Absolute Internships in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai
- CRCC Asia in China
- The Intern Group in Hong Kong, Australia, Spain and Latin America
- Go Abroad - worldwide
- Global Placement - worldwide
- BUNAC in Africa, Asia, Australasia, North America, South America
- Camp Leaders - American summer camps
- Smaller Earth - Gap year travel providers
- Asia Internship Programme - Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam and Philippines
- Eurasmus - Europe internships and placements
- DongXi United - help young people secure paid tailor-made internship opportunities in Shanghai in over 19 sectors.
- Partner West Africa - A UK registered NGO providing voluntary work experience placements in West Africa, across a broad range of disciplines & areas of study, with discounted rates for UoB students. Founded by UoB alumni Matt Craig
- ImmerQi - work experience placements in Beijing, Shanghai and Chengdu
- PureAsia - internships in India, Dubai and Singapore
- China Corporate Internship Program - corporate internships in China
- Oyster Worldwide - gap year and travel breaks in a range of industries
Here are some examples of organisations that offer opportunities to study abroad. They are not endorsed by the University but give you a flavour of the types of activities you could undertake.
How to find work experience abroad (PDF - 376KB)
Current international work experience opportunities
- Whether you want to learn and share new skills in your chosen sector, gain experience of an Indian workplace or academic institution or become an integral part of an Indian school, British Council has the opportunities for you. The British Council will support you before, during and after placements with guidance, training and a welfare support team. Applications open in January. To find out more information and to be kept updated on the launch of applications sign up on the Study Work Create website. You can get your application checked by the Application Advisors at Careers Network, by booking an appointment on Careers Connect.