TSRC is conducting research on a number of dimensions of third sector housing, including:
We also work with a number of other organisations to inform housing policy and practice:
Initial scoping papers
These scoping papers provide an overview of the role played by third sector organisations with regard to housing in each of the sub-sectors above. They explore what third sector housing is becoming, the implications of and for policy, and set an agenda for further research.
While these sub-sectors are to some extent overlapping, each presents a distinctive set of issues. They may be regarded as windows through which the diversity of the third sector can be seen. The papers explore:
- the historical development of the sub-sectors
- the numbers and types of organisations and typical activities
- the definitions used to define the sub-fields, and to establish boundaries with related fields
- the understandings of key actors within these fields
- the extent to which there is a common sense of ‘third sector identity’, and the components of this identity
- the existence of umbrella organisations and ‘field leaders’, and their external dependencies.
Read an overview of the Briefing paper 10 (PDF, 145KB) scoping papers.