The Welfare Bricolage Project (UPWEB)
UPWEB - Understanding the practice and developing the concept of welfare bricolage
The Welfare Bricolage project (UPWEB)will reconceptualise welfare theory through responding to the question of how all residents living in superdiverse neighbourhoods put together their healthcare. Increasing population complexity, heterogeneity and pace of change under globalisation has provoked a need to rethink welfare design, alongside issues of engagement, approachability and effectiveness.
- Given my eclectic background as a practising urban planner, research institute director (on social inclusion) and (more lately) human geographer, I have become increasingly interested in the implications of increasing super-diversity for urban planning, as well as the equality of outcomes of planning practices.
- Tuesday 11th October 2016
- Read all the latest Working Papers from IRiS/UPWEB.
- Tuesday 27th September 2016
- The latest in the IRiS Working Paper series has been published, 'Dimensions of Diversity: Terminology in health resarch'.
- Tuesday 22nd March 2016