Our ever-growing research links and partnerships in India are supported by a dedicated office in the heart of New Delhi. We also host a thriving population of more than 140 Indian students, following a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The news articles below give a flavour of our varied research and other activities of relevance in India.
- Scientists at the University of Birmingham are in Delhi and working with their Indian counterparts to help young researchers better understand the causes, sources and effects of pollution in India and the UK.
- The University of Birmingham and the Sports Authority of India (SAI) have signed a new agreement to work together and help improve the sporting performance of India's athletes.
- A two-day international workshop on sustainable cities and microbial infection has concluded in New Delhi.
- India and Britain must stand together and face future challenges in shaping a new world, one of India's most eminent political and diplomatic figures told an audience at the University of Birmingham.
- One of India's most eminent political and diplomatic figures will deliver a high-profile lecture on the future of UK-India relations at the University of Birmingham.
Recent Indian press coverage
Times of India UR Ananthamurthy in International Man Booker Prize shortlist
Hindustan Times Chew longer, get slimmer
Deccan Herald Sperm length, not just count, determines male fertility
The Hindu More students going to UK to study
Times of India Dancing robots help autistic kids learn
Education Times Peddling to success
Previous India press coverage