The University of Birmingham, in partnership with the US Alumni Foundation, is delighted to offer a postgraduate scholarship to an outstanding candidate from the USA.
What we are offering
We are offering one scholarship worth up to £15,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for an eligible one year Masters (taught or research) programme. The scholarship is intended to cover tuition fees only, not living expenses.
Who we are looking for
You should have an excellent academic background, having obtained at least a upper second class (2:1) Bachelors degree (or equivalent) at undergraduate level.
You should also demonstrate excellence in an area of your life; this might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in your working life or through volunteering and service to others.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
have received an offer of a place to study on a one years Masters (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham;
have a valid student ID number;
be studying full-time and on-campus (not distance learning);
- be a national of, and currently domiciled in, the USA;
- be classified as overseas for fees purposes;
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship;
- not be in receipt of a full tuition fee from any other source.
How to apply
For details on how to apply, please review our application procedures.
Please note applications for entry in 2015/16 close on 31 March 2015 at 12:00AM GMT.
Terms and conditions
- Awards are offered for 2015/16 entry only and cannot be deferred.
- Scholarship awards will be deducted from the tuition fees payable to the University of Birmingham.
- In the event that the scholar's tuition fees are more than the scholarship award given, it is the responsibility of the scholar to pay the outstanding amount in full.
- By submitting an application, scholars agree to their name being published as a winner and undertaking any associated promotional activity.
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit by an appointed selection panel; the decision is based on information provided by the applicant in their application form and supporting documentation (e.g academic transcripts, certificates and references)
- The scholarship panel's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into after the published closing date.
- Successful candidates only will be informed in writing by the end of May 2015.