Join us for a fantastic traffic-free 8km bike ride through Birmingham where everyone's invited.
It's a great opportunity to experience some of the city's iconic landmarks and green spaces in a very special atmosphere.
You can ride as much or as little of the route as you like, and stop as many times as you want. Plus, there'll be plenty of fun things to do for people of all ages on campus throughout the day, whether you’re on a bike or not!
Entertainment at the University of Birmingham will include:
- Sky Ride Tricks and Tunes: Come and see some amazing mountain bike and BMX trial displays from Andrei Burton and his team of riders. They’ll be doing some incredible stunts including jumping over vans, back flips and defying what’s possible on two wheels. You can also get the chance to have a go yourself in the hourly workshops. CK Flash will be on hand to spin some great tunes and offer commentary on the shows.
- Disney Junior and Sky Kids Area: Get creative in the Art Attack area and decorate your Sky Ride bib. Art Attack presenter Lloyd will be on hand to give decorating tips. Have a go at colouring in your favourite Disney Junior character and add them to our giant colouring wall. You can also meet the new Disney Junior character Doc McStuffins in our story telling area. Club Penguin will be handing out goodies throughout the day and you can enter our competition.
- Go-Ride Racing: Under 16? Want to burn some rubber? Head down to the Go-Ride Racing course where you can pick up some real speed. Young riders can get tips from the pros and get a taste for competitive cycling by taking part in races on the specially designed course.
- Bike Café: Meet up with friends, grab a coffee and piece of cake, read the Sunday papers and take a hard-earned rest.
- Come and get to know our top athletes in the Believe in Britain tent including Mark Cavendish, Sir Chris Hoy, Shanaze Reade, Jody Cundy and Victoria Pendleton. You can learn all about their training regime and you can even measure yourself against their skills in our fun interactive games.
- British Cycling ride leaders will also be on hand in the Keep Pedalling tent to give you tips and advice about the fantastic cycling opportunities in Birmingham for you to take part in after the event. Here you can find out about next steps cycling in your area and sign up to the type of cycling that’s just right for you.
- You can learn all about women only cycling in the Breeze tent and sign up to British Cycling memberships in the red British Cycling tent.
- Bike Hire: Bike hire will be available on the day and pre-order via http://www.goskyride.com.
- Don’t forget to grab your free bib from one of the bib distribution points where you can also sign up to an exciting competition to win a day on the Velo track in Manchester with Sir Chris Hoy!
This event is brought to you in partnership with Birmingham City Council, British Cycling and Sky.