Sponsored by R&D Tax Claims Ltd
Designed to highlight the most exciting new companies in the UK, this competition is open to privately-owned SMEs that can demonstrate significant growth through research and development over the past 3 years. £5,000 will be made available to the winning company in order to support collaborative R&D between the company and University of Birmingham.
- The competition is open to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) based in the UK only. Note that SMEs are defined as having fewer than 250 employees, with an annual turnover of less than €50m)
- Companies should ensure that they are able to demonstrate high-growth; this is classified as a quantifiable increase in turnover over a period of 3 years. The successful applicant will ensure thisis demonstrated in their application
- Entry forms must be signed by a permanent member of staff at the applicant company. Applicants must ensure that they have the authority to represent their company in applying to this competition
- The application calls for you to explain how the prize money will be used to collaborate with the University. Applications will be judged according to potential for commercial viability, likelihood of success and benefits to the partners involved
- Please ensure that you have researched your idea as far as you can before submission. If you would like advice on developing your proposal, please contact Luke Jones
- Please note that projects must last for no longer than 12 months in duration
- The judges will not necessarily have specialist knowledge in your area; keep technical detail to a minimum
If you are interested in applying please contact Luke Jones for an application form. Note that application forms must be submitted no later than 17:00 on Monday 4 April 2016.