We want to ensure that success in your postgraduate degree leads you onto a fulfilling career. Whatever you plan to do after completing your studies, our Careers Network will be able to offer you advice and guidance both during and after your degree.
We have strong links with major companies and offer a wide range of services that give our graduates the edge in the job market.
Thanks to our £5 million investment into the expansion of our student employability services, you will benefit from access to award-winning services and our unique Careers Network guidance service.
Birmingham postgraduates are sought after by major companies when they are looking for new employees. We consistently rank highly in national and international employability rankings, having achieved 9th in UK (55th in the world) for post-qualification employability by The International Herald Tribune (global edition of The New York Times) and 8th in UK for employability in the Guardian Good University Guide 2015.
What can we offer you?
We offer the following opportunities to improve your employability when you leave the University:
- One-to-one career guidance from your College-specific advisers
- CV and job application advice, to help you stand out to employers
- An annual programme of careers fairs on campus for you to meet employers and find out about a range of opportunities available to you
- Employer presentations, giving you the chance to make contacts and find out more about what companies and organisations have to offer
- Careers workshops to help you with areas such as interview skills and finding work experience
- Monthly Postgraduate Careers Clubs: informal themed sessions for you to discuss your career ideas and concerns with other postgraduates
- Enterprise skills training for postgraduates
- Masters Summer Careers Series every June, offering the chance to network with employers, take skills workshops and more
- Westmere Careers workshop series for postgraduate researchersSupport and advice on setting up your own business
- Online career action planning tools and self-enrolment career development courses to use in your own time and support your career planning