We want to ensure that success in your postgraduate degree leads you onto a fulfilling career. Whatever you plan to do after completing your studies, our Careers Network will be able to offer you advice and guidance both during and after your degree.
We have strong links with major companies and offer a wide range of services that give our graduates the edge in the job market.
Birmingham postgraduates are sought after by major companies when they are looking for new employees. In fact, we were ranked 13th in the UK in the High Fliers Graduate Market in 2015 report which identifies which institutions are most targeted by leading companies. Birmingham graduates are also sought after by employers across the globe.
We offer the following opportunities to improve your employability when you leave the University:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation opportunities for postgraduates
- Online environments that will help you to manage your study and develop new skills.
- Resources to help you develop presentation skills on paper, online and in person. These include support to enable you to perform well in aptitude tests as well as guidance that will improve your interview techniques.
- Workshop-style business games, sponsored and led by major graduate employers will to develop your communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Enterprise and Innovation - help with establishing your own business from start-up grants to networking and entrepreneurial skills.
For our many international graduates, there are various schemes and programmes to allow you to pursue a career in the UK. We support all of our students to find a suitable career after their studies and students can access our careers service when they enrol to study at Birmingham.