Topics covered throughout the course include:
• Background and overview - what is 'mental health' and how does it affect us in the workplace?
• Legislation and regulations
• Exposure - psychosocial hazards and other contributing factors
• Acute and long-term effects of mental health issues
• Management of workers - surveillance, assessment and guidance
Who is this course for?
This short course is aimed at training occupational health practitioners who want to understand more about the assessment and management of workers with a range of mental health problems and psychological issues.
19th – 21st November 2014
Institute of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Is this course accredited?
This course has received Faculty CPD Approval. Full attendance on the course will be awarded 11 CPD points.
For further information please contact the CPD Training Team at the IOEM:
CPD Training Team, Institute of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Phone number: 0121 414 6013 / 6014
Fax: 0121 414 6217