Topics covered throughout the course include:
• Background and overview - what is 'mental health' and how does it affect us in the workplace?
• Legislation and regulations
• Exposure - psychosocial hazards and other contributing factors
• Acute and long-term effects of mental health issues
• Management of workers - surveillance, assessment and guidance
Who is this course for?
This short course is aimed at training occupational health practitioners who want to understand more about the assessment and management of workers with a range of mental health problems and psychological issues.
16-18 November 2016
Institute of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Is this course accredited?
CPD points are being applied for from the Faculty of Occupational Medicine.