Introduction to Development Projects
School: School of Government and Society
Department: International Development Department
Modular value: 20 credits
Lecturer: John Watson
This module will introduce you the planning, analysis and delivery of small scale development projects.
The module is delivered via Canvas (our virtual learning environment), with hard copy materials, and extensive use of practical case studies. Students engage in structured group discussion board activities with the tutor.
Topics covered include:
- The project cycle
- Project identification
- From the logical framework to project accounts
- Valuing household projects and finalising the plan
- Organising the project and planning operations
- Procurement, contracting and control
- Project reporting and evaluation
- Two 3,000 word assignments
The optional modules listed on the website for this programme may unfortunately occasionally be subject to change. As you will appreciate key members of staff may leave the University and this necessitates a review of the modules that are offered. Where the module is no longer available we will let you know as soon as we can and help you make other choices.