Modular value: 20 credits
Lecturer: John Watson
This module will introduce you the planning, analysis and delivery of small scale development projects.
The module is delivered via Canvas (our virtual learning environment), with hard copy materials, and extensive use of practical case studies. Students engage in structured group discussion board activities with the tutor.
Topics covered include:
- The project cycle
- Project identification
- From the logical framework to project accounts
- Valuing household projects and finalising the plan
- Organising the project and planning operations
- Procurement, contracting and control
- Project reporting and evaluation
One time limited assignment (50%) and one 3,000 word assignment (50%).