Lecturer: Catherine Mangan
This module concentrates on the importance of strategy and the role it plays in the development of effective public management. It evaluates the variables that must be considered during the planning and implementation stages, including the importance of different stakeholder groups and how the use of data can inform and shape more effective strategic options.
By the end of the module students will be able to:
- Explain the principles of strategic management
- Apply core strategic management skills, including shaping emergent strategies and meta-planning in complex adaptive public service systems
- Map and analyse forces for strategic change which are driven by the external environment
- Generate and evaluate coherent strategic options for public services
- Map strategic stakeholder groups, evaluate their importance to the achievement of strategic aims and engage them effectively in the development and implementation of strategy