MBA Module (Executive/SPM/Public Service)
Major topics to be covered in the course are: the development of a strategic approach to HRM, the contribution of HRM policies within the contemporary organisation, recruitment, selection and assessment, performance management and reward strategy, training and development, impact of internationalisation on HRM practices.
By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Provide an introduction to the issues which are currently of central concern to HR managers and consultants;
- Deliver practical approaches that will help managers to develop their understanding of the processes of selection, performance management, reward strategy and training and development.
Method of Assessment
- 3 hourr written examination (50%)
- 3,500 word assignment (50%)
- Sisson, K & Storey, J. 2000. The Realities of Human Resource Management. Buckingham: Open University Press.
- Bach, S & Sisson, K (eds). 2000. Personnel Management: A Comprehensive Guide to Theory and Practice. 3rd ed. Oxford: Blackwell.