The Advancing Practice through Personal and Professional Development Module will allow you to increase your ability to develop lifelong learning skills through analysis and evaluation of past, current and future critical perspectives regarding your personal and professional development. It will explore theory; relating to knowledge; and learning; reasoning and ethical & legal dimensions in the context of further knowledge development; skills acquisition and expertise necessary to the processes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and practice development.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Explore assumptions concerning your own learning; Investigate strategies to manage self-learning effectively
- Use strategies to facilitate personal and professional development through critical enquiry & problem solving
- Demonstrate critical evaluation of professional development through presentation of documentary evidence
- Evaluate own developmental needs through critical reflection of your professional knowledge
- Plan future developmental needs through the understanding of skill acquisition and expertise
- Critically appraise the ethical & legal dimensions of your advancing practice
- Engage in collaborative reflection on practice to enhance the overall quality of provision
Module Attendance Required
Class contact 33 hours & 3 hours of self-directed study.
28/29/30 September 2015
12/13 November 2015
Written Assignment Individual Development Plan (100% Module Mark)
Academics involved in the delivery of this module
Stand Alone Course
This module can also be taken as a stand alone course if required. To apply, please contact the Programme Administrator:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 414 3126
Fee if taken as a stand alone course
The Home/EU module fee for 2015/16 is £720, the overseas fee is £1,572.